Saturday 27 October 2007

Coming Soon: Deseo by Jennifer Lopez


Hola, amigas. There's some exciting news from Jennifer Lopez. She's just announced that she's expecting... to launch her next fragrance, Deseo, in February 2008. Unlike her earlier scents, Deseo directly honours Lopez's Latina heritage, which I think is cool. In a recent interview, she said:

On building on her Latina roots
"I have a lot of synergy happening in my life right now that is taking me back to my roots and to everything that I'm about and how I was raised. This is what I really find my heart is into. It's the first time I have decided to use a Spanish word for one of our fragrances. We really look at where I am at in my life and what is important to me at that time. But the one thing that we have always concentrated on from the beginning is to be as truthful as we can."

On how the celebrity fragrance biz has changed
"The celebrity fragrance category is huge now and it's very competitive — it has changed a lot [since my entry into it]. I really had no clue what to expect when I created my first fragrance, but like every other artistic endeavor I do, I just listened to my gut and made sure that I expressed myself completely. I was lucky that I found the right partner that encouraged my creativity and really brought my vision to life."

On creating Deseo
"The idea for the scent usually comes first. I always call up and say, I love this or I love that — get this candle or this flower that was in my garden. With Deseo, the inspiration came from a combination of smells in my own garden. So, I called up my friends and asked them to come take a walk through my garden with me so they could experience it. It was late at night so there was kind of a dew in the air and I took them to an area where there are these beautiful geranium flowers, orange trees, lemon trees, and all this stuff mixing together that was making this beautiful smell."

It doesn't surprise me that Jennifer is so involved in finding the right scents, since she seems particular about what she'll wear. The fragrance will be out in February, right in time for Valentine's Day. But fans who have attended her tour with hubby Marc Anthony have already received a sneak sniff - because samples have been handed out at each stop. If you've smelled Deseo, let me know what you think.

No comments: